FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:50 pm
ps9a

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by JK
Nonetheless, if I'm right, I'm currently booked in an Ocean View Suite with an SNA for the St. Regis Pool Suite.
My question: what do people prefer? The Ocean View, or the Pool Suite?
JK
Haven't been in either suite, but I do know that the 37.5k point level is the Pool Suite. I stayed at this resort a long time ago... back in 2008, not long after it opened, and I believe I was in a base room. Anyway, we're headed back this year, and I booked the 37.5k Pool Suite... using the "more expensive = better" heuristic. Didn't consider the W, fwiw, but I think that's really a different kind of vacation anyway. They actually have a video of it up on the hotel website (and linked below), if you're interested. Cheers.

St. Regis Pool Suite

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Throwing away close to a one-way business class award anywhere in the world, every night, strikes me as a bit rich. But I don't know what paid rates look like and I accept that some people are willing to fly long haul economy.
We're not flying there in economy. Non-refundable rate is $1198.58 ($994 plus tax and service charge) for the dates I'll be there. 5th night is free, and many people can generate Starpoints and/or air miles pretty easily. Additionally, I love to fly, but I can't think our vacation would be quite as fun if we flew back and forth to Bali 4 times and skipped the hotel part.

Last edited by ps9a; Jan 5, 2015 at 6:06 pm