FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:36 pm
user47

Programs: WN A-List, Companion Pass. Marriott Gold. National Executive
Hello. Long time lurker, first time posting.

I called the number provided and spoke with Brittney. After 14 minutes on the phone we determined the offer wouldn't work in my case. I was told the only current offer they have running at the moment is one where if you had earned 50k points or 40 nights in 2014 you could get the bump. I asked her to check to be sure the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial, formally known as Diamond trial wasn't running and she assured me it wasn't.

I've been Gold or Platinum with Marriott for the past decade and recently decided to test the waters elsewhere. Marriott has really run their rewards program into the ground over the years and it's just not as attractive. In any case, all of my friends have great things to say about Hyatt so I've been trying, with no success to get a match or challenge.

Sadly they haven't seemed willing to work with me. One would think that they'd put more effort into attracting someone who spends $7k at hotels per year.

I understand some abuse the challenges but with a decade of status with a single brand, clearly I'm not "that" guy.

In any case, I'll be following this thread for developments. I'm traveling all next week so I'll need to figure out if I want to give my money to Marriott or schlep it as a hotel Kettle w/ Hyatt. Decisions, decisions.