FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My horrible rental expierence with Payless in Panama City, Panama. I owed anything?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:24 am
remphish1

Programs: AA, DL
My horrible rental expierence with Payless in Panama City, Panama. I owed anything?

I went down to PTY over Christmas. I had party of 7 and I searched for ages before I left to find a minivan that will handle my party that was an automatic with good trunk space. Finally settled on Payless at a rate of $260 for a 5 day rental. I made my reservation directly with payless at least 2 months in advanced.

Fast forward to Christmas. I arrive at the airport rental location and a sign is greeting me no more cars. I walk up to the agent and pass him my reservation. He said sorry can't help you we have no more cars. I tell him I have a reservation. He then said can't help you. I then proceeded to ask him to call a manager or see if they can obtain a car from another location he said I will not call a manager there is nothing he can do for you. I was really angry at this point

From that point I proceed to check everywhere in the airport for alternative transportation. Eventually I found a 12 passenger van from dollar. With it being a last minute rental my new price with the necessary insurance was $600.

In your opinions what if anything does payless owe me? My new rental was larger than necessary and way more money then I would have spent if payless held my reservation. I so far as yet to even get an apology from them. The desk agents attitude was very hostile.