FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you switch a good seat for a worse seat?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:40 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
My question is really long, so here's the full question:

"Would you switch a good seat for a worse seat if a mother asked you to accommodate her child to sit with her?"

I actually witnessed 2 cases in one trip recently. In both cases, the passenger who was asked was kind and gave up an aisle or window seat to sit in the middle in another row.

However, I did not like seeing how the women asked the passengers. They approached their "targets" in a demanding way, as if the passenger wouldn't be a good person if he/she were to decline the request.

One of them didn't even say "excuse me" or "please" in what I heard. She simply talked like she was a flight attendant, by saying that she "was trying to get two kids to sit together."

Fortunately, I wasn't asked. But, as I was sitting in my aisle seat in the crowded plane, I was wondering what I would have said. I was particularly tired with a back pain that day, so I didn't feel like moving as I was already settled. But, honestly, I would have agreed if the woman had asked nicely. I really didn't like the way she asked as if it was her right.

What do you all think?
A common topic in many of the airlines forums.

I wouldn't move. I booked my flight and based on where I'm flying, I chose my seats for the best view.