FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SUGGESTION BOX: How can we improve this forum?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:05 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad
IMO, some members are quick to call a query a fare request, when the poster may actually be asking for guidance on how to search for fares. Since one of the reasons the info desk is was created is to teach people how to use FT, these queries are not necessarily out of line.

That said, regarding your suggestion, we do have the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...flyertalk.html — it's an open thread with a wiki, so please feel free to add a n instructional post and/or edit the wiki to make it more useful to all members.
Yeah I've seen some members mis-label a query as a fare request, but there are many queries that are obvious fare requests, no question about it.

You didn't really answer the question (or state your opinion): Is FT a place for specific fare requests (whether in the ID forum or elsewhere), or not?

I really don't care what the answer is, but it is an unanswered question where a variety of responses are posted to such queries depending on the point of view of each member. I don't believe this is helpful to anyone.

I'd be happy to add some stuff to the Wiki but as noted, that's pending some clarification on the fare request policy! In my mind the content and instructions will differ depending on what is and isn't supposed to be posted for responses in the forum.

As a reference point, I would note that the Budget Travel forum (which is probably the most relevant to folks searching for the best non-award- redemption deals) has a policy prohibiting fare requests.