FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Flyertalk Do's - 2015 master thread
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:39 pm
chris1979

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
thanks for creating the 2015 thread, CWS.

I think any Mykonos (JMK) DO would be a joint effort between a few of us (Jamier45 and Filthy Monkey spring to mind) but we can cross that bridge when we get there. Anyone interested in this, please indicate here. The idea came off the back of the launch of LCY - JMK.

I think an AMS DO could be a good idea given that's the origin of many trips and I am sure dutch_122 could help / support in arranging (I think he enjoy the London DO he attended).

Further, we seem to have had at least one "big" London DO in the last few years (with the help of quite a few on here) so I propose we continue that 'tradition' (over and above any other 'easier to arrange' DOs (the London Christmas one springs to mind though we had 60 odd FTers down to attend and at least a good 2/3s of those were actually there)). Happy to be involved again in that one / help.

There are of course many "impromptu DOs" (I think all it takes is 2 FTers getting together) which I've personally enjoyed (ones that immediately spring to mind are lounges in CDG and LAX; Miami South Beach with Filthy and Ms Monkey during a 4 hour stop-over; bumping into Billinghamn on HNL - PHX - JFK and there was of course our very own FT Come-Dine-With-Me between Filthy and RXFleming. May all of those great encounters continue for 2015 and for those "US Gateway" / HNL trips, there's of course the "en route" meet-up thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...p-run-not.html )

I look forward to meeting many existing FT friends and equally many new faces at various FT DOs throughout the year and personally looking forward to young KARFA showing us the delights of "up North" at the LBA DO.