FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2015, 8:55 pm
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by antirealist
Are you suggesting that AC makes so much profit from corporate contracts that they don't need to care about the rest of us?

And if corporate travel policies reduce point earning and upgrade opportunities for their staff, why does AC have to act to reduce them further?
The market data emphasizes the importance of corporate travel contracts, not me. I believe the next most valuable segment is the block purchase in the leisure market.

In respect to not caring about you, that is a bit dramatic. Of course the airline cares, but it does not worry if you are unhappy as you are easily replaced. Today, Elites and Super elites are a dime a dozen. A few long hauls in a year can easily produce a 50k customer. Whoopdee doo. I made my status on long hauls and not on the salesman shuttles. However, AC made more money on my 10+ flights than on the super elite salesman with status who flew 2-3X more miles than me. Why? Because I didn't use the MLL more than once, I flew with 1 bag, I paid for the J class seat, I didn't use any concierge or hotline service. When I flew on a sales trip to YYZ, I used the MLL and it was packed with moochers stuffing their faces. On that Rapidair flight many of the J class seats were occupied by upgrades or employees. I sat in my Tango fare seat and ignored the misery of sitting next to a fat guy and of being smacked every time the FA went down the aisle with her trolley.

Instead of asking me about the key market segments, ask AC.
I guarantee you that it will be a long time before you receive a clear and honest response. However, there are some delusional people on here who will insist that the PR boys give them the inside scoop.

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; Jan 2, 2015 at 9:09 pm