FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2015
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:51 am
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Yes Flyer World will move to $5/mile w.e.f. 9 February 2014. And will include non-tax/insurance/education bills and AAVS too.

I was initially reluctant to list the earn rate for this card as I saw no obvious way to apply or the card and thse who have the card knew what the new earn rate is - this situation is a bit akin to Shacom PLK Titanium card who did not accept new applications after the 6X promotion was announced but existing cardholders were able to enjoy the promotional rate.

But the gist of the flyformiles post (derek2010 drawn my attention to this) was that BEA is still accepting applications for upgrades for Platinum cardholders (supposedly this period should have ended on 27 June 2014), so a non-BEA cardholder can now still apply for a BEA Platinum card and immediately apply for an upgrade to Flyer World as soon as the card has been acknowledged. I called twice tonight with my other (not upgraded) BEA Platinum Towngas card and it appears what derek2010 and flyformiles said was right.