FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important updates to Air Canada Altitude in 2015
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalker683455
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
So your senior executives would allow some customers to play games forever, costing your company large amounts of money, well producing little revenue? Not a good business model. I don't like all the changes, but I understand them.
Nobody is playing games or gaming a system. ACsets and frequently resets the rules

We users simply try to access benefits advertised in large print by the likes of Aeroplan and being abused for doing it. That's not fair, nor right.

Most legitimately obtained aeroplan and upgrade tickets are at worst on an opportunity cost basis to AC and more likely a value proposition to them as we essentially prepay higher fares for the chance to upgrade. The odds are always with the house on the AC games. The few occasions where they lose, they come down on their customers like cops on a bunch of thieves. The real thievery is the deceptive advertising and misinformation given to the general flying public.

Even those flying other carriers... What do they cost AC? At most a Maple leaf worldwide club card is sold at $500. Likely 200$ to the cc companies. The cost of a few free checked bags? Isn't it around $20 per bag in North America?

I would guess that the senior executives actually don't even know the dynamics of most of their frequent fliers.