FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Pointbreaks discussion
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:25 am
FLYGVA
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

2015 Pointbreaks discussion

Fellow flyertalkers,

discuss and guess when we will see pointbreaks in 2014 as suggested by valdor in his post. A new thread seems better than to continue the old one.

Our goal is to keep this thread helpful and informative. Therefore I ask you to post in this thread only question related to point breaks such as (but not limited to):
  • practice
  • information about hotel appearing and disappearing on the list
  • booking (and maybe cancelation) questions
  • link to hotel reviews

If you have indication, when and if pointbreaks will be available, please give details for the source (e.g. was told (i.e. yestersday / on July 25th) by (the front desk / lounge agent / member of staf) of the (HIX City / a Holiday Inn in London) ...). I am fully aware that a reference to the source should / must be avoided, on the other hand, an indication is needed, that there was such a statement. It is a matter of trust and for us moderators difficult to differentiate between a joke post / rumor / trustd source.

Rumors, if the Point breaks are discontinued should only be posted, if you have a source for it and can name it (e.g. someone mentioned it in a hotel and you trust this source, etc.). Question, which hotels will be on the next point break list, could not really be answered. You might check the pointbreak hotel list thread about the history of CP and ICs on the pointbreak list.

All other discussions are not very helpful for person, who are new to this forum and do not know how to understand this discussion. I therefore aks you to post this kind of discussion in our Lounge Thread . I will move all non-topic discussions to this thread, so they are still available, but keep this thread a bit more useful.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and sorry for being once again the fun stopper - but such is life as a moderator.

FLYGVA & szg
co-moderator IHG Forum