FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important updates to Air Canada Altitude in 2015
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:32 am
Frequentlander

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by gglave
The problem AC has / had was this: I wasn't able to give AC the majority of my business, because I don't live in the triangle - But I tried to give them the business when I could. I made the effort with beancounters, bent over backwards when I had to...

But now they've kicked me out of the program and those days are over.

So they've gone from "less than fifty" to nearly zero. I have no incentive to make the effort (and it was an effort) to fly AC any more.

Was that their goal? I guess so... I dunno.
...... very similar to me - but I didn't do as much bending over backwards as some might have done. The 10 wide in HD Eco, the daft seating in HD J, the Rouge, and (most of all) the 50% metal requirement had me heading to the competition (I'm SE with 47% AC metal in 2014). I've booked three trips for January on AS (status matched) and WS (WS Gold for what its worth) so that's about $5000 that AC has totally missed out on.

Trip to Vietnam in March will be on BR via TPE and not AC to HKG.

I'm sure all of this "enhancement" must make sense to someone at AC... but I can't imagine who it would be. The very real effect was to "kick me out of the program".

FL

Last edited by Frequentlander; Jan 2, 2015 at 12:36 am Reason: crappy typing