FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you book a stopover on a regular/nonaward ticket?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:33 pm
amarain

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
A connection time of up to 24 hours is not considered a stopover on international flights. That is often easy to do going USA to Europe, when flights from the US arrive in AMS or CDG in the morning and you can often find a flight to your destination at an earlier time the following morning, keeping the connection under 24 hours. The schedules don't seem to work as well returning to the US. Can you find an earlier flight LED-AMS?
Unfortunately, no, that seems to be the only one. There's an LED-CDG flight but it leaves at 4:30 pm and runs into the same problem (the ATL leg is the next morning).

All I really want to do is book it so that instead of LED-AMS on Wednesday night, then AMS-ATL Thursday morning, the AMS-ATL leg is on Friday morning instead. I'm not sure if there's any way to do this, though, short of just plain missing my flight and asking them to book me on the next one (though I suspect that would end up costing me a lot more).