FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you book a stopover on a regular/nonaward ticket?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:10 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by amarain
I'm trying to book a flight ATL-LED, and all of the options on the way back include an overnight layover in either AMS or CDG. The LED-AMS leg arrives at 7:35 pm, then AMS-ATL leaves the next morning, and this seems like a big waste of time. If I have to stay overnight and pay for a hotel, I'd rather book the AMS-ATL leg for the morning after that so I can spend the day in Amsterdam, but is this possible?

Apologies if this question has been addressed before - I did a search but only found threads about booking award travel.
It depends on the fare rules. More expensive fares are likely to allow either free stopovers or stopovers for a nominal additional fee. This is stated in the fare rules.

To book on delta.dumb, do a multicity search. You can then compare the fare and even check how much the same fare class would cost without the upgrade.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 1, 2015 at 2:34 pm