FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:29 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adobe
Is it hard coded into the register that NO AGC payment is allowed? Otherwise, why we can't pay for the simon GC using AGC?
The swipe is done by the CSRs in my mall. There is no way they would not recognize it is not a CC. That is despite the pad for signing was still in use. I have never swiped myself, the CSR swipes it at his/her end of the terminal. Though I signed on the pad when everything is done.

During the holiday season, my mall took away the electronic pad for signing and required signing on the paper print out. I am told that is to prevent fraud which tends to go up during busy time.

Simon's CSRs are well-trained. The management office also keeps close tap on how things are done at the kiosk. If not followed protocol, they would be either reprimanded or worse, lose their jobs. Would you want to cause innocent folks to suffer the consequences just because you want to make a few bucks? There is line only you can decide whether you want to cross.

On top of that, if you want to keep this avenue open to you, you better play by the rules set up by them else you would be banned pretty quickly.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 31, 2014 at 8:36 pm