FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on DUB-JFK with B.A.(AA) price?
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:04 pm
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by studentflyer3412
Thanks for welcome. To respond to your point, I don't see a problem bumping an "old" thread when my answer can still be relevant (I saw no indication that the OP booked the flight discussed in this thread). Indeed, due to the OP's question of whether s/he should wait up to 10 or so weeks before the OP/s end of April 2015 trip, there's a chance that the OP didn't book the flight yet. Still, if such a practice goes against forum policies, I'll refrain from doing in the future.

And, yes, the flight I found did have a 2.5 layover in Oslo (flights were from Dublin to Oslo and from Oslo to JFK); there is no London involved for the itinerary I found. But, ultimately, given that its clear now that the OP was referring to a round trip ticket, it doesn't seem that my "deal" is such a deal.

Thanks, again.
The rules don't explicitly prohibit responding to old threads, it's just that the question of whether a fare that was available in September was a good deal is moot, as obviously the fare he was thinking of booking isnt the same three months later. Whether it was a deal in September can't be compared to what prices are now.
(Arguably, it could violate the rule on "contributive posting." but I wasn't suggesting a rule violation, just a pointlessness comment.)
Also, if you read carefully, you would have seen the OP would have had a stop in London one way ("via LHR one leg"). LHR is an airport code that means London Heathrow.
Finally, as I stated in my initial post, if you were to book this flight today, and had the choice of nonstop on a "full-service" carrier for $870 or on Norwegian for $725 plus fees and nearly double the travel time, I think the choice is pretty clear.

Last edited by Adam1222; Dec 31, 2014 at 12:10 pm