FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinion on itinerary in Kyoto/Osaka?
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:03 pm
Pureboy

1) How soon are you going? If you are going late march 2015 or later, you should spend at least a half-day in Himeji to see the castle. Before then the interior will still be closed for renovation.

2) Nara can be done in a half-day if you stick to a schedule and don't wander around. But Nara is one of the best places in Japan to wander around, so it depends on your style.

3) Sounds like you really want to cover Kyoto completely. If so, that itin looks good. If you think you might get "templed out" or want to hit more of Kansai, then consider lopping of a Kyoto day for Kobe - it has a different vibe to Osaka or Kyoto.

4) It sounds like you have a clear mission to spend a day at Universal Studios there. I'm curious as to why? This is not an attack, just an honest question. It might be my Los Angeles bias, but to me the biggest lure is the studio "backlot" tour to see actual sets of famous movies. I know there are rides as well, but is it worth it to you to spend a day there vs see more of Kansai?