FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Totoro
...Citi will probably drop this benefit -- not that I am cynical.
This feature is listed as a MasterCard benefit. I take this to mean that MasterCard, not Citi, has contracted with Carlson Wagonlit. This suggests that it will also become available on other MasterCard World Elite products -and- that Citi will not determine when the benefit is changed or withdrawn.

Originally Posted by nall
i might need to book two or three rooms at a hotel. Any idea if I can get the fourth night free in each one?

Also, I assume I can't charge this to a different Citi card.
The terms are poorly worded, but I read the final sentence to mean that the room must be occupied by the primary cardholder. Other interpretations are plausible (see post 26, but note that it was booked under a prior version of the program):

To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must:
Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated travel advisor
Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige Card.

Only one complimentary night is eligible per room reservation. Rates provided will be equal to or lower than the lowest publicly-available fare at the hotel's official website. The benefit can only be used by each primary account Cardholder.