FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:26 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by blindy
The wikipost says "excellent | reasonable | good" for ARN. Not sure what that means. Can I take BA776 and return on BA777 on the same day? I am guessing I have to go to the landside and clear security again? Thanks in advance for any info.
That one should have an asterix on it, I think. As you come off the aircraft and go up to the main arrivals channel or corridor, on the left right hand side is a "Transfer Gate" for gates 70 to 82. These are the non Schengen gates that includes the BA service. It's a glass door and an intercom. You press the button, explain you are transferring, then a member of the security team will come along, unlock the door and you will be back at the boarding area within seconds. No passports, no security. I imagine you could sometimes be waiting 5 minute or so until someone comes along.

The alternative is to continue on to Passports, clear there, go down through baggage reclaim and then re-enter security from landside. This is still do-able if you are at the front of the aircraft (the main queue being passports some of the time).

See also this post here.

So it's not as easy as CPH, AMS, SVG, BGO, but perhaps easier than BRU or OSL.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Sep 22, 2015 at 3:38 am Reason: updated info and link