FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:08 pm
Droch

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
The front desk staff is very hit and miss here and some of the managers have no clue how to take care of people. I live in Jersey City and book rooms for Family that come and stay with us. We have gotten some of the worst rooms and when they try and explain the upgrade and the extra cost, I asked shouldn't you be just doing this for free for a Diamond. The upgrades in many cases are not really any better. Also they have a big party room on the upper floor that actually causes the end rooms with the views to be unusable some evenings as the party upstairs is too loud.

I have actually had to tweet to hyatt and finally got the general manager to take care of things but it really should not come to this. There are enough tourist that are just booking a room that when their preferred guest stay they should do a little more.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We did not have the stay we anticipated. I chose this hotel for an overnight stay while headed to Europe. I stayed before and knew it was worth the distance from EWR if I booked a suite with the dead on view of Manhattan. The night skyline view is sublime. We booked a suite in mid February. Our suite was sold out from beneath us. Front desk staff first disavowed that we had booked a suite. I showed them the correspondence. Then, searching our record, they found we indeed had the suite til the day of arrival. Nothing could be done at that point as all suites were occupied. We were given a room with a view to the south. We couldn't see any of the Manhattan skyline. This was an unusual Hyatt fail for me.