FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HO HO HO! It is time to sign up for 2014 FT Secret Santa!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:21 pm
CDTraveler

Thanks to aaucello and SECRET Santa!

Christmas finally arrived and my gifts are at last opened.

The first to arrive was a box from aaucello. This Santa shopped right off my Amazon list:

The mixing bowls were used right away, in cooking Christmas dinner. The muffin top pan will be used this weekend when I try out a new recipe for rolls. The case for stray electronic bits I'm saving for some upcoming travels. I look forward to not having to hunt through every pocket of my carry-on for this adaptor or that power cord. All these gifts are very useful and much appreciated!

My second Santa, who apparently wishes to remain anonymous but lives somewhere very close by based on the return address, was quite creative. This Santa took my personal statement to heart, and bought me tea, chocolate and tea goods, including a delightful mug.

The font is too small to photograph well, but under each cat image on the mug is a command, like "Sit" or "Fetch" and the cat is doing just the opposite!

Something particularly nice about this gift is that the tea is from a local shop which is new to me. Will definitely visit it on my next trip to that neighborhood!

And one more thing that I really like about this gift: The chocolate bar has golden berries in it. Most folks probably aren't familiar with them, but I grew them for years before moving to the PHL area, so I will definitely enjoy that chocolate.

p.s. Santa, if you want to meet for a cuppa sometime, just PM me.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Dec 27, 2014 at 7:04 am