FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CITI Prestige changes effective 10-18-14
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:13 pm
maxswanson
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Do you mean that you used the Prestige card to pay the fees on an airline mileage redemption, which you cancelled? If you cancelled before the date of the first flight you were probably never credited for the Flight Points, and there would not be any Flight Points transaction to reverse.

Yes, I used prestige card to pay the fees on UA mileage redemption and canceled it but not redeposit back to my account. And the flight points had been added into my account. The original flight is the end of this October. Early this December, I need to use these miles to book award travel for my parent and I called UA to refund and redeposit the miles to back to my account.

My credit statement show this deduction but it seems that my thankyou balance credit the full amount. I do not know the reason.

Did you recently cancel any card enrolled in ThankYou Rewards? Citi tracks the balance for each card. If you close an account any unredeemed points expire 30 days later, even if you still hold other cards linked to the same TY account.
No, I did not close any citicards recently. Thanks