FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with an Emotional Support/Service animal on UA Q&A [CONSOLIDATED]
Old Dec 24, 2014, 10:37 am
sbrower
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
[/QUOTE] The ADA is inapplicable - the relevant statute is the Air Carrier Access Act.[/quote]

And yes, I'm sure the ACAA permits fellow passengers to sue the mentally and emotionally disabled passenger for infliction of emotional distress for bringing their emotional support animal with them.

It's federal law. It's not United's fault. Don't like it? Call your Representative and Senators.[/QUOTE]

I typed too fast when I said ADA instead of ACCA. But I think you did too (or at least you didn't read my comment carefully.) I was talking about suing fellow passengers who are NOT "mentally and emotionally disabled" but who fraudulently bring their pets onto airplanes, to the detriment of the other passenger, by lying to the agent. The fact that the law says that the AGENT isn't allowed to question their assertion doesn't mean that they are immune from liability to the other passengers.

Last edited by goalie; Dec 24, 2014 at 3:33 pm Reason: fixed bb code