FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 97nts currently, 102 by Friday,then 5nt@ Westin Snowmass, will ambassador save me?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:17 pm
factory81

Worst experience with Starwood today ever. I feel I should invoice Starwood for my time...

1. Called Plat. Concierge to ask if platinums pay resort fee. Placed on hold for 15 minutes and I eventually hung up.

2. Called Plat. Concierge to ask if platinums pay resort fee. Immediately told I would pay the full resort fee. I asked about the fact that the recent e-mails sent to me all indicate $30 resort fee, although the initial e-mails for the booking say $25. I asked if I have to pay $25 or $30. I was told $30. This is a bait and switch.

3. Called Westin Snowmass direct to inquire about Your24 between 6:37 and 7:30 PM EST. I called every 10 minutes or so and never had anyone pick up the phone.

4. Called Plat. Concierge desk @ 7:30 to call and ask if they could contact the hotel directly, get the general managers name, and the direct number to reach him. I left my information and asked them to return the call once they have reached the hotel. It is now 10:41 EST. I have not heard back yet.

5. Called Plat. Concierge after work to try and get the same information again. They do not have any other number for the hotel, and are only able to give me the general managers name. My takeaway; the only number that is available for the Westin Snowmass is barely staffed. If this is what the general phone is like, what would my experience be like if I call concierge at the hotel? Will they even pick up?

6. Inquire about the fact that my stay is booked as five individual nights for some reason (3 nights are from the earned award night valid @ cat 1-6, 2 are nights on points). One night has the confirmed suite night award actually applied and active. Will I be checking in and out of hotel rooms daily since this is treated as 5 individual nights? Like is this going to be a vacation? Or will I be checking out at 10 AM every morning and checking back in at 4PM? Because that doesn't sound like vacation to me....

7. I asked about the "hidden inventory" I was told 1 week ago. I looked at the Westin Snowmass and see no rooms available, and think to myself; great no suite night award. When I ask on the phone with the platinum concierge desk; they remark that they have multiple junior suites available that are not available to the general public. When I asked about this today, they apologized but told me that there is in fact, no such thing as hidden inventory.

8. I asked if the Platinum desk can invite the ambassador to reach out to me, like what Theytus Lee is offering to do. The Platinum desk said they themselves do not have the resources to do this. I asked them why does an individual in your social media marketing department have more resources at their disposal than yourself? They did not have an answer.

I don't know what to say Starwood, they really upset me today. I've been told a lot of different things by a lot of different people. All I want to do is talk with the GM @ the Westin Snowmass and try and go bat for myself.

I am jealous of my coworkers who have the confirmed suite night @ Hyatt. I am very pessimistic about the suite night award program. I think I want to call them "stay'n pray award nights". I sit and slave it out on the road all year long, and of course we want to go to aspirational properties during popular times to stay. So in essence, the SNA's are practically pointless. Since the suites will almost always be sold out during the times/places I want to stay.

SO Starwood, great to work with you today, glad to know I can always upgrade at the Camden, NJ Aloft.......