FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:24 pm
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Lifetime Diamond Status Arrives at Hilton Honors — With Required Qualifications

This thread is for any news or questions regarding the announcement of lifetime status coming to HHonors.

Just to keep it to one place!

Wiki will have the latest info, but for those on mobile devices and using FT app the news was posted by our rep in this post and states:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!
If you find any other news relating to this exciting new and welcome development please post it in this thread!

Some interesting bits to glean from the above:

-Diamond members only and invite needed rather than automatic.
-Definitely worth getting your email situation sorted to ensure you can receive this invite if you would be 'invited' !

Last edited by BotB; Dec 16, 2014 at 2:31 pm Reason: adding original post link