FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kimpton is for sale [sold to IHG]
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:35 pm
JohnMacWW

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by Kimpton Karma Rewards
Hi everyone,
....The entire Kimpton Home Office is excited about the future, and really look forward to taking our brand global under the IHG umbrella. We're still the same people behind the brand, and the same culture that celebrates uniqueness and individuality, and we don't plan on changing that.
Well, I think most of that use Kimpton's hotels want that to not change. but we also all know that (unless the transaction had specific conditions or limitations on what the acquirer could do it once it bought it) there is no way for anyone to know what will happen or to know what the future brings. I think we all want the Kimpton Hotels to stay unique and consistent with what they are.

I am certain we will be rooting for you and the rest of the management team to survive and be allowed to grow the Kimpton brand without ruining it. The upside could be Kimpton brand hotels, like the ones currently in place, in more places and even countries. I would love that: real investment in a successful formula to grow it.