FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:42 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Ic frankfurt

IC FRANKFURT

Elite Status
RA

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Pleaseant stay.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked - Superior on company rate
Upgraded Online (3 days out) - Intercontinental Deluxe

+ Checkin I asked how much to buy Lounge Access - Was told 50euro
+ I mentioned next room type Club Studio King (includes Lounge ) is 20euro more so I upsell myself for 20Euro to Club Studio King and get better room + Lounge (see Additional Info I put at bottom of this entry)

How are the rooms?
o Large room overlooking river on one of top 3floors (19-21) Lounge is on 21st
o Nicely decorated, comfortable King Bed with good lighting
o Large TV, but only BBC1/BBC2 HD, (no ITV) and annoyingly BBC1 HD is not 24hour signal so could not watch weekend matc of day at midnight. IC Berlin has the other UK channels (ITV) so why not IC Frankfurt?
o Full size sofa and two chairs with table
o Work desk with intergral power points. Just a normal uncomfortable chair as against usual computer desk type chair I prefer.
o Bathroom with bath, seperate closed off shower and toilet. Hermes toiletries.
o Closet area of entry way, awkward to access safe in wardrobe-cupboard
o Minibar, tea/coffee facilities

How is the exec. lounge?
o Nice room on 21st Floor, half set up as Lounge/Relax area, other half as dining tabled area
o Nice Sunday evening food on, Pasta and meat slices, plus deserts and bread/cheeses.
o Evening drinks , minimal spirit choice but had Heineken beer for me.
o Warning- Welcome Lounge Info said if take drink/food out of lounge you get charged as if ordering item(s) via room service
o Not that great a coffee machine for Lounge though

Fruit, Water, Welcom Gift?
o 12.00 noon checkin, because I upsold myself, was given a room already available, had fruit/red-wine for some other RA/Ambassador ref the associated card.
o Staff delivered water after about 2 hours.
o No gift

How was the minibar?
o Average I guess
o 5 mini-spirits, Vodka, Gin, JW-Red
o sets of 3x each of; German Brand Beer, Cola, Juices etc

What was good and what was bad?
Good
+ Usable Internet (just the one speed)
+ Easy and fast Checkin (1200noon) / Checkout (0515am)
+ Taxi to airport just 26euro and took 15minutes (driver did 140km/hr)
+ I left IC hotel 0525 and was airside at 05.50 ^
+ Just 20euro (this time) to upsell to what elsewhere might be called a J/suite
+ RA benefits and Lounge Info letters both provided listing all the bennies
Bad
- Nothing

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Company Rate ++ 20euro upsell to get King Club (which is 47m room i would not argue if called Junior suite) is Super Value this first visit
(45k/night award, pts value us$315 about 250euro at P+C rates, is about double my paid rate, so Paid nights only for me here)

Would you return?
Yes
I will still use Airport HI's and shuttle if arriving late 9pm + leaving early7-9am, but if I am getting a longer days days use of the my IC room, I would definitely would want to revisit this IC

Additional Info
o Appears from Welcome Letter's that Lounge Access is an RA benefit at the moment so I need not have paid the 20euro to receive Lounge Access
o However I got a very nice room worth the 20euro extra, but would have been annoyed if room price differential was higher and had thus paid the mentioned 50euro Lounge upsell instead.
o On checkout I doubled checked, it was confirmed to me that Lounge Access is an RA bennie right now.

Last edited by scubaccr; Dec 15, 2014 at 10:18 pm