FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Important updates to Air Canada Altitude in 2015
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:23 am
Wpgjetse
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Lllahim
I side with those who interpret cheapen as “to lower in esteem” because I believe that was what AC wanted to say and said it. It is consistent with “we are not a charity”. There is no need for AC to retract/apologize for being very clear on their aspiration. They want to reserve their premium cabin for top corporate executives such as bank presidents and vice presidents, top government officials like Ministers, deputy ministers and person of equivalent standing. Their ideal client is more the moneyed TLV pax. SQ, one of airlines AC wants to emulate, caters for the rich because Singapore has the most billionaires/Millionaires per capita in the world. When AC looks at the profile of its FF, they are probably not as impressed with their wealth and social standing. Sales people, consultants, repair men, IT vendors……are not exactly society elites in their book. They probably see them as ordinary people who just happen to travel a lot. I think it was Conrad Black who said something about making AC’s J cabins more exclusive. That is what they are doing. Good luck to them.
You have a strange view on the world. I'm not a bank president, top government official, etc. I'm self employed and travel mostly for sales and think I'm AC target customer. By the way, most bank president or presidents of major companies fly on their corp. jets.