FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, .... (impact of 2019 & 2020 MP changes)
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:26 am
manneca

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joelfreak
Chase executives have told me, and now put in writing that this reduction does not exist. Does anyone know where it is/was documented?
I had a lifetime membership the second time I got the card. I called and got the $100 a year fee card. Since UA no longer offers lifetime memberships and Chase no longer offers the card, it might be difficult to get the reduction. It's been several years since a lifetime membership was offered, so I'm not sure why anyone would have waited so long to try for a reduction in the annual fee.

I'm on the verge of 1MM, so I'm not sure whether I'll try to keep Plt or 1K when that happens. (I view it as my get out of jail free card) and I'm going to start burning miles. So I'm trying to decide whether to keep the card or not. It offers $10k in trip cancellation as well as primary car rental coverage which I find valuable. (I think the Sapphire Preferred just upped their coverages to match, but I'm not sure.) The waiver of spend for Plt is a really nice benefit especially as UA keeps upping the EQD requirements.