FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hey, AS, where are the F saver awards?
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:34 pm
macfadsj

Programs: AS gold
In fact, AS does not add in many F saver seats between ANC and SEA. They typically make only one seat available in the first 24-36 hours that a new day is loaded into the system, but if you do not claim one of these seats immediately, they disappear. My guess is that AS might add as many as 20 seats to the inventory you see on their website in any given week as the year goes by: when they do add seats, they tend to be on the late evening flights out of Anchorage, and on the 6am flight out of Seattle. These flights do not lend themselves to connections in Seattle and are practically useless in making convenient connections to J and F award seats on AS' fabulous list of partner carriers.

I know that when you hold international space, you can confirm in Y saver and waitlist for F saver, and from time to time you clear into F. My impression is not that a seat has just opened up by chance on that flight, but rather that AS "monitors" the waitlist and may clear passengers into F based on elite status. In other words, they "know you are there"

Not sure about waitlisting on AS ANC-SEA flights that do not have international connections.

Is this possible as well?

Last edited by macfadsj; Dec 12, 2014 at 3:40 pm