FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Peru Trip Report
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:22 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by SuperDudley
You can take the last train of the day up to Aguas Calientes. Yes, it is where you want to stay if you want to get an early start to MP. I think we lined up around 5:30 for the bus and there were already a lot of people in line in front of us.

We did the 10:00 HP and were completely done around 1:00.
The final plan sees us touring sites tomorrow in the Sacred Valley between our airport pickup in Cusco and Ollantaytambo, see more on Tuesday morning, take the 4:30 train to Aguas Calientes, tour Machu Picchu on Wednesday and head back to Ollantaytambo on the 7pm train Wednesday evening. Thursday morning we head back to Cusco, possibly revisit a market to pick up something to bring home. Thursday night in Lima, Friday morning fly back home.

Only thing I'd do differently (aside from better weather) would be to avoid the UA-COPA connection in Mexico City. Ohmygosh is that nasty. As I mentioned in another thread, it's not the seamless *A experience I've come to expect!