FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an EVA 777-300ER
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:44 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I managed to take my first 77A flight. It was pretty empty so I tried seats in all 3 cabins. Here are my notes...

Plane
  • No mood lighting/star show on the 77A - has them on the 77N
  • Wifi on my flight was broken so I could not test the speed

AVOD
  • Turned on only after takeoff as headset plugs in Y are in the seatback so it is a safety issue to have them on before takeoff and landing
  • Response is fast and I can swipe like a tablet computer
  • Resolution did NOT appear better in movie mode - watched Fargo (TV series) on my RL display and it is not good
  • It is cool that the big screen and the handheld controller in RL can work independently in some situations (I can watch the movie on the big screen and have Compass on the small screen)
  • Airshow / Compass is not as cool as on the 77N - it is pretty vanilla on the 77A
  • User interface/interaction need some improvement

RL
  • Added seat makes first cabin feel really full - 2nd cabin feels more exclusive (but service is slower)
  • A little harder to get to the lavatory from the right side of the 2nd cabin
  • New relocated lavatory by door 1R is really small (like Y class)

Elite
  • No leg rest
  • Has foot rest from the previous row - you can notch it higher
  • Recline is OK
  • Armrest in the center of the 4 middle seats appears movable but not
  • Seat leg/box in the way somewhat but there is space to put your legs all the way
  • Lavatory setup is better than the 77N

Economy
  • Diagram is wrong - there are lavs in the center of the plane before row 45
  • Mid galley used more on long haul (77N had lights out but 77A had the galley used)
  • Because of the above and less space for the exit row, I think row 45 is better on the 77A than row 60
  • Seats slide forward like the 77N
  • Pitch is small but no more entertainment box under the seat so it does not work out too much worse (Neither is ideal. I personally would do UA Y+ for the seating if I cannot get an exit row on BR even though food and AVOD are much better on EVA). When the seat in front is reclined, the huge AVOD screen gets right in your face so you have to recline too

Last edited by username; Dec 6, 2014 at 8:01 pm