FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Awards: CX / Cathay Pacific / (inc. F and J) - 2014
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:21 am
dkerr

Originally Posted by zznoname
I've been working a project for two, round trip AAward seats ORD-HKG-CEB over the December holidays, tweaking the reservations below:

PNR 1:
ORD-HKG-MNL

PNR 2;
ORD-HKG-CEB

Same old moral of the story. AAgents matter.
You may have run into the married segments problem. Just because ORD-HKG is available for a pax connecting to MNL does not mean that it is available for a pax connecting to CEB, even if both HKG-MNL and HKG-CEB have availability. Airlines do this all the time to "manage" their passenger mix, they may even have target quotas for number of connecting passengers to certain destinations.

I ran into exactly this problem a few months ago trying to get two first class SIN-HKG-JFK, I could get one pax from SIN but not both. Attempting to fool the system by first holding PVG-HKG-JFK then later switching the first segment to SIN failed... 24 hours later CX had cancelled the JFK-HKG segment because in their opinion it was "not available" for pax connecting from anywhere other than PVG.

Results may be different if the change had been made after ticketing, but while still within the 5 day hold, CX rejected the reservation.

In my case I booked and ticketed one pax in F the other in J. Then a couple of weeks later CX made HKG-JFK available again in F for pax connecting from SIN and I was able to change the ticket.

Good luck.

DAK