FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amazing MS opportunity at my local grocery store! $10 back for every $100 spent on GC
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:02 am
TheMacallan

Originally Posted by fti
If you truly believe that, you are not looking very hard in MN.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by teddy25
It isn't the only one, but it is the best at this point.
Along with the above quote, it depends entirely on the goal of someone's MS. I didn't get the $20 deal last week (apparently I showed up one day too early for coupons to print), but I did spend the weekend working on the Office Max deal. From a points perspective, that was a much more significant win than this. From a "money back" perspective, this one is outstanding.

Originally Posted by mulbry
In a Cub store today buying 3 GC. Guy three people in front of me is buying $3000. No problems as far as I can see. Floor manager is there making small talk. He see's 30 $10 off coupons come spilling out of register, calls on a walkie talkie upstairs to the store manager. "hey, in that store meeting this morning we talked about an error with coupons for the gift cards. This customer is breaking the bank here, etc. etc…" Store manager: 'the deal is $10 coupon for $100 in gift card spend'. Floor manager- 'Okay, just seems weird. Guy is getting a better deal that this woman who has a winning lotto ticket'.

Two thoughts pertaining to this conversation and this thread: One- Cub foods doesn't pay/train their employees enough for the employees to care about a deal gone south for the store. Two- this deal is very much store specific, 3 of the 5 stores I've visited had either no $20-500 GC or one coupon per GC limits. The other two stores had employees who laughed about how many $10 coupons were printing off.
If Cub foods is weaning off accepting CC for GC purchases its not b/c of this deal. I'll be back tomorrow for more before the deal runs out.
No reason to work in large amounts on any deal. Printing 30 coupons in a transaction sets off alarms about potential scams. With the number of stores available in most areas there is no reason not to work small and bounce around.