FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amazing MS opportunity at my local grocery store! $10 back for every $100 spent on GC
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:15 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by teddy25
The T&C states "$10 coupon per giftcard purchase of $100 OR more". So a $500 card should only net a single $10 coupon.

Every other promo at cub has always been $25 and $50 Visa cards only. The coupon never printed out on the variable cards until late of last Sunday. It is a system glitch. There are way to many peoples calling the store about the "deal". They are catching on, a lot more stores require separate transactions now. There are no stated limits on number of transactions. I did couple of $80 trans tonight.

Also, the prior promos, you were able use the self checkout lanes without issues. I assume due to some abuse, the coupon now requires a override by an employee only.

I know someone who bought 25k when there were giving out $20 per $100 before Sunday.

What do you think is the odds we lose this ms ave by January?
The issue I was responding to is not the issue you addressed. I was responding to using a max of 5 x $10 coupons. You were referring to the fact that each purchase over $100, regardless of size, should only get a $10 coupon.

I can easily go to Cub, redeem 5 x $10, leave, come back later, rinse and repeat. Not that hard. Also, there are 2 Cubs in my town so just bop back and forth between the two a couple of times (not that far apart). I don't see why it wouldn't work with using way more than 5 x $10 coupons in one day, just perhaps a max of 5 per visit. Even if it were limited to 5 per day. We have more than 10 days before they expire on Dec 17, so one could easily use over $500 of them if they visited every day.