FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:59 pm
BangkokTraveler

Programs: UA 2MM
Manila airport transfer between terminals

There are some new procedures in place at Manila Airport that I personally witnessed in the last few days.

The first is that transit passengers do NOT have to pay the P550 Terminal Fee in cash, even if they clear immigration, claim their luggage and proceed to the check-in counter of their departing airline. 

MissKok and I got off a Cebu Pacific international flight into MNL T3, and she was flying international from MNL on ANA from T3, and I was flying international on PAL from T2.  Upon asking at the transfer desk in T3, the girl said that we can claim luggage and check in for the ongoing flight, but if the flight is within 24 hours of the departing flight, the P550 is not due. so we got our bags, entered the Philippines and had something to eat in the food court. The procedure is to go the Terminal Fee payment booth and show your arriving boarding pass, and your outgoing boarding pass.  They send you to a small office, and your outgoing boarding pass is stamped "TRANSIT" and the incoming boarding pass is kept by them.  This worked for her in Terminal 3 (after some slight confusion and being directed to someone who knew what to do) and also for me after traveling to Terminal 2 for my outgoing flight in Philippine Air.  This saved us each P550.

I'll write about the 2nd new thing I witnessed in the next post.