FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld Multi-Carrier Awards - sharing ideas
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:30 am
Psychiatrist

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by perthtraveller
Hi team

My two data points are:

1. PER-HKG-AMM-TLV // AMM-LHR-JFK-LHR-MAD-EAS // ALG-DOH-PER --> this one took a lot of yelling, screaming and stress to get past the call centre and then ticketing. The issue I had was counting transfers as stopovers. Eventually got there.

2. PER-HKG-PVG-HKG-JFK-ORD-YYZ-HKG-PER-HKG-PER --> another example of returning to origin (PER) and then tacking on further flights.

In both instances I spent hours with the call centre trying to find J availability on CX and partner airlines. I hear that it is best to do your homework on availability first. But how do you do this? What engines, programs, websites are best to do this?

Hoping jagmeets and Psychiatrist see my post

Thanks
Thanks for your data points! I haven't done any flights returning to the origin yet, but this is good to keep in the back of my mind.

I search the following:
- CX website for CX availability (obviously!)
- BA website for OW partner availability
- AA website for AA availability (does not require signing up online for AA account)
- LAN website for LAN availability.

If a flight is available on the BA/AA/LAN website, it *should* be available for redemption via CX, but that's not always the case.

Last edited by Psychiatrist; Dec 3, 2014 at 8:10 am