FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Evisa & Visa on arrival for India
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:04 pm
gt0138d

Originally Posted by katstarr
I wrote about this on my blog today, after someone forwarded an article by Quartz India to me. If anyone wants to comment or add more insights on the blog post, please feel free to do so.

I wouldn't really consider it a Visa on Arrival, but -- assuming it works as it's supposed to (and that's a big assumption), then that's a HUGE improvement. I am going to India for my first time in March, so this is one less big obstacle. Of course, there's still all the planning and the vaccines...
This was a topic I was discussing with a friend just yesterday about how some of my colleagues go overboard in getting vaccinated before traveling on business to Bengaluru.

Sure - erring on the side of caution is always prudent but keeping up with the times is equally important. For example, I haven't heard of any case of Yellow Fever in the two years I have lived in the area. Also, many friends take malaria tablets in preparation of the trip and spend hundreds of dollars in vaccines.

Dengue, Chikungunya and a bad stomach are more likely problems for locals and visitors.

The best precaution - stay away from uncooked food (for example, the salads even in the best of restaurants) and drink only bottled water or RO filtered water. [RO - reverse osmosis - is the only form of filtration I would trust given the uncertainty of the source of the water].

Happy Travels. Coming back to the original topic - I too am looking forward to hearing about the first experiences for this new process.