Old Nov 30, 14, 5:26 am
stackm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by ingy View Post
A Motel 6. It smelled so bad when I walked in to the room, I turned right around went back the the front desk, handed him my key and left the property. Never asked for a refund, change of room, nada. I was done with that chain and have never been back.

I had a weak hostel room in Aquas Calientes once where the rain leaked through the roof all night, but I knew I wasn't getting much and it served the purpose of keeping us mostly dry
This is good to know. Would have valued reading a review of these negative experiences.

Agree that Raffles's St. Regis review was highly valuable/entertaining and that type of review certainly encourages me to be a repeat visitor to your blog.

And thanks to techgirl for your honesty. It's unfortunate you were accused of being "ill informed" in the comments but that's the price you pay for displaying some integrity.

I am certain point bloggers stay in bad 4 and 5 star hotels. My complaint is, are the hotels called out if they are poorly managed and/or ripping off customers?

Or do the bloggers just remain silent, describing the positive features while continuing to cash their checks?

Last edited by stackm; Nov 30, 14 at 6:30 am