FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Word on MQM Purchase this year?
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:48 am
baccarat_king

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by CrazyCelt
Anyway, back to the point... I won't be shopping for flights based on other airline CEO salaries, or because I *hate* Richard Anderson, or because Delta mistreat their employess (I dont think they do), or because Delta take 'bad' positions on social issues (I don't think they do). Rather I'll shop for what works best for me without worrying about 'status' on a given carrier.

Most of my flying is overseas, where there seems to be a bit more competition, and 'll use 'third party' agents to find the best seat on the most acceptable route at the best price. Who knows, that may even mean I'll occasionally be sitting in a DL seat! Gasp.
Actually, it's not on point at all. The OP did not ask should they go for Platinum and/or try to obtain the extra MQMs, they asked :

I had to cancel a trip worth several thousand MQMs. Because of this, I will be 900 MQMs short for Platinum this year. Has anyone heard if DL is going to offer their MQM purchase option again?
So, the OP isn't really interested in how (you feel, CrazyCelt) Delta sucks, but rather CONSTRUCTIVE ideas and thoughts on how to achieve Platinum Medallion and obtain the extra MQMs required in the least painful and time consuming way.

I understand, when someone says "should I leave Delta?" "is Platinum Medallion worth it?" -- but, in this case CrazyCelt, I do not believe the OP was looking for advice on how they should "book away" from Delta. Perhaps, I'm crazy, I just don't see the point of the "Delta-hating" being interjected into a thread that doesn't really question the OPs desire to travel on Delta. That is all.