FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do point bloggers ever stay at a bad hotel?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:30 pm
techgirl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I try to call my stays as I see them which includes reporting little hiccups I notice along the way (and what, if anything, I complained about to the hotel and/or what I noticed but didn't complain about).

The way I see it, things I may nitpick are not the kinds of things the average guest is going to make a stink about - so I don't either, but I do note it in my review. I do review lots of mid-range properties... because I disagree that they are all the same. I see lots of variation even in Hyatt Place or Courtyard type hotels.

I got taken to task in the comments after my Grand Hyatt Singapore review this past week because I said the club failed to "wow me". Accurate statement because it's my subjective opinion (and one contrary to what other bloggers have expressed). The commenter said I couldn't possibly know what a good lounge was since I only stay at low-end properties in the US. *sigh* I can't (and wouldn't) go back and retroactively review every hotel in almost 50 countries that I've ever stayed at, but I think I'm more than qualified to say I'm unimpressed by something.