FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United GlobalFirst Suites First Class,Silver Airways S340B+C5 FLL✈MCO✈IAH✈IAD✈EWR✈FLL
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:07 pm
LPDAL

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
---
Orlando International Airport - McCoy (MCO / KMCO), Orlando, Florida
---

MCO is definitely a cut above FLL in every conceivable manner, from dining, to shopping, and even aircraft types. Orlando International regularly sees a good dose of domestic widebody action as well as lie flat bed seat equipped aircraft, including, but not limited to:

American Airlines
-767-300 on MIA-MCO-MIA and DFW-MCO-DFW -- at only 25 minutes in length, the MIA-MCO-MIA route is probably the shortest regularly scheduled domestic widebody service in America right now.
-757-200 (Business class equipped)--while angle-lie-flat, you'll have a good chance of scoring one of these on MIA-MCO-MIA and DFW-MCO-DFW.

Delta Air Lines
A330-200 / 300 on ATL-MCO-ATL -- occasionally you'll see DL send down one of these in season, but they are not regularly scheduled.
767-300 / 400 on ATL-MCO-ATL -- occassionally you'll see DL send down one of these in season, but they are not regularly scheduled.

United Airlines
PMCO Continental BusinessFirst 757-200 on EWR-MCO-EWR -- Regularly scheduled on this route as well as occasionally IAH-MCO-IAH

US Airways
A330-200 / 300 -- Regularly scheduled on both PHL-MCO-PHL and CLT-MCO-CLT, especially on Fridays and Saturdays.
Envoy Angle Lie Flat 757-200 -- Seen more frequently than A330 aircraft on PHL-MCO-PHL and CLT-MCO-CLT

One of MCO's airsides linked by the terminal shuttle to the main ticketing hall. I definetely prefer these high-ceiling rotundas to the blocky low roofs of FLL.

US Airways 757-200 N939UW going back up to PHL.

Dual split scimatars (right of this frame was another equipped bird)

This FX DC-10 had a very slow takeoff roll, adding to its visual appearence of being quite heavily laden.

Strolling up into the United Club.

As I walked up to the reception desk in the UA lounge, I was slightly confused to see no one behind the counter. I went to go sit down anyway, prepared to show my lounge credentials if needed...but a man in a 1930's Prohibition duster, shallow-brimmed boater, square shades, and fake cigar took a place behind the reception area and asked for my membership card. As I handed it to him, he inquired about the lack of my Halloween costume, to which I reply "I'm 19, I don't trick or treat much anymore" to which he laughs and tells me that he remembers when I last blew through here on FLL-MCO-FLL. "Ahhhh...you remind me of when I was 19, enthusiastic about all the airlines, National, Allegheny, Piedmont, Eastern, Muse...." "Braniff?", I ask. "Hehehe Braniff was my first airline job, son. All the way back in the 1970s! You have a good day!" This man reminded me of DTWPurserBoy, both in his airline history and style of communication...

The usual UAC interior, unfortunately I'm hungry for some real food and not munchies.

Hard to think that only a few years back that UA and US were *A partners...Now AA and US are part of OW...though the joint venture doesn't work all that well given the insane codeshare ticket buckets...