FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA EMV cards: Availability, Q&A (Chip & PIN -or- Chip & Signature) [2012-2015]
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:02 am
AllieKat

Talking

Originally Posted by tmiw
I went back to that frozen yogurt place that rejected my DC card tonight and used my new CSP there. I talked to the clerk for a bit afterward and it looks like they changed some stuff around now to make their terminal easier to hand to people for PIN entry. ^

However, I don't remember if he actually inserted my card or not; I remember him swiping it and me telling him that he'll probably have to insert it but I don't remember actually seeing him insert the card. The transaction was also a lot faster to authorize than I remember and the terminal didn't require a signature from me, so I really hope their acquirer didn't disable service code enforcement with the firmware to make VEPS/QPS work correctly. Should have asked for a receipt when he offered one to confirm.

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think this latest CSP authorizes significantly faster at Walmart now when inserted.
Bizarre that he wouldn't just start by inserting it if he knows his system is chip enabled. Some people. And Walmarts system has got way faster lately.