FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:43 am
michael160

Originally Posted by abelman
I applied for the WF Visa Signature Card, got a pending review status, and then realized that WF favors applicants with an "existing relationship". I didn't have any prior relationship with WF, so I immediately opened a checking account online. I received all sorts of documentation for my new checking account, but then about a week later, I received a letter in the mail stating that they're unable to offer me a credit card at this time because of "lack of or insufficient duration of relationship with Wells Fargo."
Does anyone have any experience with this type of rejection, and can advise whether/how I can convince WF to approve my credit card application? (I haven't called reconsideration yet.)
thx
This happened to me. I had two mortgages 5 years ago and a checking account with WF which I closed 2 years ago. When I applied I had no open accounts and was rejected for the same reason as you. I was told to open a checking account and wait 30 days - the application would still be in their system and they could reopen it. I had no intention of opening a checking acct with them so I said forget it.

Then, 30 days later, I happened to get a pre-approval application in the mail. I applied again and was instantly approved. Go figure.