FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Code Share flight questions...
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:03 pm
davisew

Originally Posted by jwill
1. Can I use Global Upgrade Certs on Delta if it's Virgin Atlantic metal?
DL/AF/KL metal only.

2. Does Virgin Atlantic have Economy Comfort in a similar concept as Delta?
Sort of. "Extra leg room" seats. VS changed their seat reservation policies within the last week or so and you might be able to get them free as a DM.

OR do I have to buy that product as a premium ticket like Air France Premium Economy?
They have that too.

3. Delta.com is only showing V class tickets for the Virgin flights OR biz class. Can I book in that class...then call Delta's reissue desk and Buy the Premium Economy (which isn't incrementally much more expensive but comes with a 150% MQM credit).
Yes, though you might get hit with a change fee &/or external reissue charge. If it fits within your company policy, I would have the corp TA book the W fare from the start and document the PNR with what the lowest "in policy" airfare was at the time of booking. Then you expense what would have been the V fare and eat the difference for W.

Many companies have policies that allow this for buy-ups, extending business trips at personal cost, bringing spouse along, etc.