FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways 747 Flight Training FT mini Do – October 2014
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:27 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DanielW
Wow, what an awesome experience, KARFA!

Love the photo's at the RAF Museum too, especially the might Vulcan.
Thanks DanielW. I don't think I have stood that close to a Vulcan before. It is a shame the Museum have put it facing in to a corner though.

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Brilliant report KARFA, the videos look excellent and give a real sense of the experience. Well done for organising and thanks again for sharing!
Glad you enjoyed the TR crazy8534.

Originally Posted by T8191
Good one, KARFA!! ^

Apart from the 'flying' aspects, you really put that TR together very nicely indeed. No wonder it took a while to get it published.
Thanks T8191. I had hoped to finish TR a few weeks after our session but I got about half way through and didn't have the time to finish it off. I was at home the weekend just gone so spent most of yesterday evening completing the TR.

Originally Posted by matthandy
Excellent report! It's great to see something really new and interesting.

You've had the chance to do something that I've always wanted to. Next time around please count me in!

One thing to note about the overwing exit simulator, on the A320 the hatch is much smaller as it doesn't have the large surround on it. Hopefully that would make things a little easier in real life. As I understand it, the hatch weighs about 20kg, so not light at all.

The mock ups are used for new cabin crew training but also existing cabin crew and not just BA either. Qantas used to use them, I'm not sure if they still do now. "SEP" on the front of the 747 mock up stands for 'Safety and Emergency Procedures'.
Thanks matthandy and for the comments on the cabin safety simulators. I will organise it for around the same time next year. I deliberately didn't really advertise it beyond the BAEC board this time just to keep it relatively small and see how it went. As it seemed to be a success I shall see if we can get a bigger group next year.

Originally Posted by FastTrak2Elite
Really enjoyed reading this KARFU! Thanks for posting such a detailed report.

I'd definitely be up for doing this if you ever organise another.

Stuart
Glad you enjoyed it FastTrak2Elite. There will definitely be one next year so watch out for it, you would be more than wlecome to join.