FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:43 am
FFlash

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
I fly AY long hauls pretty seldom, so I'm not familiar with their procedures and soft-perks, but I have to say that I was pretty impressed with my HEL-BKK flight few days ago. Firstly, when I got to my cattle class seat 41A, I found that the crew had placed J-class headsets on my seat for me. Secondly, after I got off from the jetway in BKK, the ground staff had a sign with a list of names of premium pax, mine included. When I approached them, they handed me a fast pass for priority immigration lane, which really helped as I stood in immigration line less than 60 seconds! These are small touches, but at least for me they brought some added value to my trip.
These are nice moves, and don't cost AY a penny ^ and you were AA member!

Last week, fully booked flight, boarding last, there was no cabin bag room whatsoever where to put by bag at exit row, the FA kindly asked me if I let her take my bag to the front cabin box. She did it in a manner that I think she had read the manifest I am AY Plat, waiting for me there ^. I like that. Even more so that I have been rudely taken by SK attendants not being any helpful with my bag when trying to stow it anywhere, let alone in the front cabin box.