Old Nov 23, 14, 9:52 pm
protagonist

The Points Guy: We never accept free flights [merged TPG discussions]

The points guy has an app (iOS, Android) called "TPG To Go", that supposedly tracks your credit card promo spending, expiration dates, etc and gives info as to which card is best to use in a given situation to maximize point/promotion value. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sguy.tpg&hl=en

That sounds potentially useful, supposedly it does not require one providing any credit card numbers, and the Android version got good reviews from a handful of people, but I am skeptical for the following reasons:

1. Last I checked only 26 people reviewed it- thus I consider reviews meaningless.

2. It requires an email address/password to sign in, and it is supported by ads from affiliates. Thus I am concerned about potential invasiveness and spamming via phone and email.

3. I started to sign up and then changed my mind when I got to the "disclaimer" and read about the ad support. For some bizarre reason it was impossible to stop the app at that point by any means including turning my phone off and back on. I had to uninstall the app to stop it.

Do any users have any experience with this app and care to comment on it regarding safety, usefulness, spamming, etc? Are there others that provide the same kind of function that are better?

Thanks.