Old Nov 23, 14, 9:24 pm
wanderlust84go

International to Mainland

Hello, I just came across this forum and am hoping to get a speedy response. I've tried looking through the original posts but can't seem to figure out an answer. Please help!

I am flying from Mildura, Australia to Seattle, Washington tomorrow. I've purchased two seperate tickets. My first ticket is Mildura to Honolulu via Quantas and Jetstar. I have a 2 hour layover, then fly a Alaska Airlines FROM honolulu to Seattle. What I am wondering is, Since I am changing itinerary, will I need to leave the secure area once I land in Honolulu, pick up my bags from baggage claim, go to ALASKA air and check in and recheck my baggage and then get through customs and security on top of that..or can I ask Quantas at check in in Mildura to check my bags all the way through to Seattle? I was told 2 hours would be sufficient time to get through customs, recheck baggage, get through security and get to my mainland flight. A bit nervous though. Sorry for being all over the place just need some guidance. Thanks a bunch