FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2014 master thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:19 am
ExpatExp

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by angatol
What class the flight post as in BAEC, i.e. (P/F)? What was the route?
It says, for example, "HONOLULU - PHOENIX (F/P) US 690 (Operated by US Airways)". Because the ticket was purchased from AA with AA flight numbers, shouldn't it say "AA 690 (Operated by US Airways)"?

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
P usually refers to instant upgrade on AA, and if he actually flew in First, he should get the 210TPs.
Yes, that's what I thought, too. He did indeed fly in first on both segments. Checked in 24 hours before and sat in the seat he chose in the first cabin during online check-in, as anticipated. There weren't any flight issues and he was not rebooked or reseated.

Originally Posted by typical
P on US only earns economy Avios per the BAEC earning tables. I guess it's unsurprising it only earns Y TPs too...

This is not the case on AA where P, A and F are treated the same.
Yes, that's what I thought. Since the ticket was purchased from AA as AA flight numbers, shouldn't the AA rules for earning TPs apply?

Maybe it doesn't help things that the AA and US flight numbers are the same (i.e. US 690 and AA 690).

That's true on US, but when you check the AA earning tables P is FIRST and should earn First Avios and TPs. (when one actually flies First in P)
Agreed.

Originally Posted by AndyRobin
What would you earn for P class on a US Airways operated flight but booked under an AA codeshare?
In my experience it is the marketing carrier that is responsible for awarding Avios/TPs, so earning under the AA rules I would think.
And that's the big question! I think nufnuf77 is correct and it should be treated as an AA flight for TP earning purposes. So maybe what happened is that the BAEC applied the rules for US rather than AA?