FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 767-300 domestic "Business class" (should I be concerned)
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:24 am
trekker954

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
AA 767-300 domestic "Business class" (should I be concerned)

In May, I booked two seats on a business award (U) Flt 60. for April 2015. row 3. DFW-MIA Using it as a connection from my separate award from my SYD-DFW.

When speaking with AA personnel regarding my SYD flight, they happened to see my connection and say that is odd flt 60 only has a first & coach and alluded I should have someone reticket that, but I risk losing my award seats. She also said, they will turn me away at the gate. I have a ticket ans seat assignment and they've already deducated 50K in May for these tickets

Should I be worried?

So there is conflicting info on the aa website regarding this type of aircraft. It appears there is definetly a big difference with the verbiage for the 300 vs the 200.

Business Class (767-300 only)

The Business Class cabin offers 30 seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. The fully adjustable lie-flat seat has a nine degree recline angle and five independent motors that offer extensive flexibility. (blah, blah, blah)

However, then under general tab is the following:

767-300

American Airlines fleet of 58 Boeing 767-300 aircraft is primarily used on mainland Europe and South American flights as well as certain long-range domestic flights.

On Boeing 767-300 aircraft, Business Class is branded as First Class on Domestic flights (including Hawaii routes).